Thursday, April 29, 2010

I break for Fuji

Since we had yesterday off we opted to go out and get closer to Fuji. By we, I mean Rachel, Apple, and myself. (Apple is Rachel's friend who came and joined us here at Nakagomi.) We took a bus from Kofu Station (Kazu was kind enough to drop us off there since he had business in Kofu anyway.) to lake Kawakujiko (I think that's what it was called anyway). Apple got off a couple stops before us because she wanted to go to an art museum that was dedicated to a particular artist who draws cats. Apparently Apple loves cats. Sadly it was cloudy when we got there and all we could see was the base of Mt. Fuji. We arrived around noon, and Rachel and I were supposed to meet up with Apple at 2pm. Well, Apple wound up staying at the Museum till 4pm, so Rachel and I had plenty of time to see what was around the lake. There were some nice temples such as this one.


This was one of those accidental finds. We were walking and I looked down an alley and there it was. I've got a bunch more photos of it too. But uploading stuff on this blog takes too long on this connection. So you get limited pictures for now.

Once Apple finally showed up (She and Rachel were in contact via text message, so we didn't actually just sit around and wait for her, we knew when she was coming) her considerable luck rubbed off on us and we finally got to see some more of Fuji. It wasn't a huge amount, but it was the best view we had all day.



Despite the limited view, it was a nice day off and I got a ton of neat pictures of the area, plus some nice ones of the girls, like this one.

(If you look closely you might be able to see Fuji next to the clock. The image is a bit bright though, so it blends in to the sky. Click the image to embiggen)


Anyway, its late and my new roommate is asleep on the chair (More on him later.) Until next time.

~Daniel

2 comments:

  1. Scary... I saw an image of Mt. Fuji in a dream last night, and I hadn't read this post yet...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in your mind, invading your dreams.

    ReplyDelete