Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Another Perspective (Part 1)

So I have probably mentioned how much I'm loving my new camera, but I also need to acknowledge my new laptop. This laptop is what has been allowing me to keep up to date on my email and other internet things when I can find an internet connection. And when I don't have an internet connection I can still type stuff up and save it for later like I was doing on the trains during the first part of my trip. My little blue laptop with its blue squid sticker has been keeping me in touch and entertained since my arrival in japan. This thing is also housing my language software, although I haven't been using it much (Sorry Dad), but that's because I get to practice with real people every day instead.

But one of my laptops most important functions so far has been as a storage space for my pictures. The images I'm taking are all over 5MB (megabites) each, and even though my memory card is 8GB (Gigabites) I would still have filled up my card 5 times over with pictures alone (I have a bit of video too). And in addition to my own photos, I have also been collecting the pictures of the other people who come and stay at Nakagomi Orchard. Which brings me to the title of this entry. I figured it would be fun to post some pictures that other people took with their own cameras. Todays batch is from Ramie (I spelled her name wrong in my earlier entries). Although her camera has exactly the same body as mine (well, it has a different name plate, it was marketed different in the US for some reason) Ramie has two different lenses. One is like mine but with a much better zoom, and the other is for portraits and close up stuff. She also actually knows what she's doing when she messes with the camera settings, so she can get some really beautiful photos. Here are some of the ones that I liked. (With Captions!)


This was at the Suntory Whiskey factory that we visited on our day off. This is a photo of one of the workers re-charring a barrel. The tour was in Japanese so I cant really tell you anything more about it though. Its a great picture of fire though.

Here is Ramie and Obaa-chan. Ramie actually walked down to the 7/11 and got this printed and pasted it into the guest book.


Here is Ramie and Fakhran posing in one of the orchards. Normally the trees in the background would be full of flowers, but we spent the day picking the blossoms for pollen, so its a bit sparse.


This is Nick and Phina. They are a couple from Taiwan. Nick is kinda quite, but Phina is hilarious. she loves to mock people. They are both pretty goofy. Its kind of hard to see, but they are actually posing in front of mt. Fuji. (It's blending into the clouds. Click the image to see it better)



Here I am taking it easy with Mini Mike. This was take on our lunch break. I'm not actually asleep, but the sun was shining pretty brightly.


I found out that the holes in the side of this crate looked like a huge smiling face.
Can you see it now? Because once you see it, you cant un-see it!


~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment