Friday, April 9, 2010

Himeji Castle

Thought I'd post some pictures of the castle Dad and I visited. It was a bit of a rushed tour because we got there close to closing time. On the bright side, we got to see it before the scaffolding goes up for its 3 year renovation.
(Click to embiggen)

Since we were moving so fast, I didn't stop to take many pictures. I only have 13 Images of the castles from the outside, and most of those are from outside the entrance to the castle grounds. This second shot is out of a window on the top floor, overlook the city of Himeji.
(Click to embiggen)

As far as things here on the orchard, today was more blossom picking. However I did get to drive one of the little trucks around for the first time today. One of the other WWOOFers got a picture, I'll have to see if i can get a copy. The vehicle it self is small enough that I have to roll down the window and stick my elbow out in order to operate the wheel comfortably. I also got to drive one of the trucks that was a manual transmission. I don't think I'll ever be able to drive that one comfortably. Not enough leg room, and the seat doesn't move back at all. On the plus side, I didn't stall or lug out or anything. (I don't have a lot of experience with stick shifts yet)

OK, Bed time.

~Daniel

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about last night. Impromptu Japanese lessons always rock. We can always catch up later.

    ReplyDelete