Thursday, April 15, 2010

Another day, another Onsen.

Today I got to do something that I’m rather familiar with. We got to use weed whackers to clear weeds and grass away from the base of the trees in the area that we call the “Cat House” (because it’s where Mini Mike and Brandy live). The first part of the day however was thinning apple blossoms. Unfortunately it was cold and starting to rain so it made things a little less then optimal. I’m really glad I bought those rubberized over pant things from Good to Go. The area we were using the weed whackers in has a canopy that can be raised or lowered. So even though it was raining, we could safely work with the machinery.

Our work day actually ended early today, so in the afternoon we had another opportunity to go to an onsen (Japanese hot spring). This time we went to the local one where Obaa-chan goes every day. Well, it certainly was local. I’m guessing every person there was a farmer by the looks of it. This one was much smaller than the others we’ve been to, and it didn’t have an outside bath like the others. (Which is my favorite. I like sitting in the hot water while I’ve got some cool rain coming down.) At any rate, I’ll probably pass if they’re going back to that one. It’s just not worth it for me without the outdoor bath.

After dinner we got to go to “Max Value” which is one of the super markets in the area. This one is located in a bigger shopping center, and right next door was a clothing store that we also went in to. As I expected, basically nothing there fit me. Not even the belts. However I did pick up a beanie (Its been cold in the mornings, and my bandana doesn’t always cut it.) and a couple shirts at the request of a friend. (Hopefully they’ll fit.) I also tried on some sunglasses, but as usual nothing looked good. Once we got over to the supermarket, I picked up some of these delicious seeds that you put on rice, and some more KitKats of different flavors. (I’ve made it my mission to try as many different kinds as I can find, and bring back some of my favorites)

I’d also to take a moment to thank Rachel for locating my toothbrush. I lost it for about a day and a half. It turned out to be between the couch and my futon. I hadn’t even thought to check there, it was just such an unlikely spot. So, thank you Rachel.


As for Pictures, I uploaded some more stuff to my Photobucket. Its mostly stuff from days 2&3 of my trip.

Well, I think that’s all for now. It’s past my bed time (As usual).

~Daniel

1 comment:

  1. I miss the Onsen the most out of everything that I left behind in Japan. They always struck me as kind of odd though. For a society thats very conservative and modest they really don't mind public semi-nudity.

    ReplyDelete