Sunday, April 25, 2010

text!

The connection isn't stable enough for pictures right now, so just a text update tonight. Yesterday My roommate Greg left early in the morning. (Sorry, I haven't been keeping up with the comings and goings of the other WWOOFers very well.) Greg was from Belgium, although he was born in America and attends a College in New York. He could speak English, French, and Japanese. (Maybe one or two others, but that's what I heard him speaking while he was here.) He was the first person who was a native English speaker, so it was nice to be able to talk to him. The European couple also spoke English, but I wasn't roommates with them, so I didn't talk to them quite as much as I did Greg.

The European couple was pretty awesome too. Jess was from England, and Anthony was French. I had never actually had the chance to talk to a native French person at any length before. Most of my previous impressions of them were pretty stereotypical ones that I got through the media and Eddie Izzard. It was nice to be able to form my own opinions (granted it's a small sample, but they're all positive opinions). I'll try to get pictures of everybody up in the next couple days. Maybe I'll do some WWOOFer bios or something. I don't know.

As for work yesterday, we were thinning apple blossoms all day. Normally this would be fine, but it was made a little more difficult due to bad weather. It was drizzling all day which meant wet and cold hands, as well as a bit of mud on our ladders. But we all had rain pants and jackets, so we were dry at least. (Except for our hands of course.) Today was also apple blossom picking and pollination, but the weather was much better. It was actually warm today. Although it got windy in the afternoon and got cold. (Fortunately I carry my trusty orange snowboard jacket, as well as the fleece that was given to me at Christmas with me in my backpack.)

Well, once again its bed time (On time tonight)

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment