Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Rain rain......

So it was raining today but since It's also going to be raining tomorrow we worked today and have tomorrow off. The girls got assigned the task of cleaning the house. Myself and Eric (our new French WWOOFer) however were tasked with weed whacker duty..... In the rain. Now there are waterproof pants and rain jackets, and rain boots available to us. So we have the means to stay dry at least. However for whatever reason neither Eric nor myself chose to wear the rain boots, and instead wore our leather boots. Mine are steel toe, and the rain pants I have are pretty baggy so I was fine My feet didn't get wet while we were working. However they did get wet when we rinsed off before lunch. And when I say rinsed off, I mean we got sprayed with a hose to get all the grass and mud off our jackets and pants. At that point even my mighty work boots were no match for the moisture, and my socks became rather wet. That wasn't until lunch though, and we only worked for about 2 hours afterwards so it wasn't all that bad from a comfort standpoint. My gloves on the other had were a different story. Because we were weed whacking, I wore my leather gloves. These didn't stand up so good against the rain, so I donned a pair of disposable surgical gloves underneath. Sadly my hands were still rather wet. After lunch I was given a pair of basically dish washing gloves. Surprisingly, these also didn't seem to help much. Its at times like this that I am thankful for my bodies considerable heat output. Despite my wet hands, the rest of my body was fine.

I would have loved to upload a photo of what I looked like after my day of weed whacking in the rain, but sadly I had no way to take a photo of myself in that state without covering my camera in mud and grass, and there was nobody to take the photo for me either. Ah well. After our hard work in the cold rain, Yoko rewarded us with cake. I felt like I just completed some test at Aperture Science (Minus the crazy death maze of puzzles ). And for those of you who have no idea what I was talking about in that last sentence: Don't worry about it, it was a video game reference. Anyway I think that's all for tonight.

~Daniel

4 comments:

  1. Well, last week it was summer here but this week we're back to cold and rain (California winter) as well -- tolerable without the weed whacking.

    Cheers from Joe and Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers indeed. Thanks for all your comments, I enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a triumph. I'm making a note here-- huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for getting that Sabrina.

    ReplyDelete