Monday, April 19, 2010

Some stuff.

I haven't found those photo's yet, but Yvonne did post one of the ones I wanted. I thought I would share it with all of you because its just that awesome.

And that ladies and gentlemen, is one of the many reasons I'm not planning to shave my beard.

In other news: Chopsticks are the ideal utensil for eating salad. You never have to deal with those pesky bits that lay flat on the plate that you can't seem to pierce with your fork. If you feel like eating just a cruton, you can, and you don't have to worry about splitting it in half. I suppose tomato's could pose a problem, but you can always just stab them with the chopsticks.

As far as things on the Orchard are concerned, I picked up a notebook to keep track of the Japanese that they have been drilling me on. It helps me to be able to write it down. Unfortunately my spelling is bad in Japanese too. (Not as bad as English though. There are much fewer possible spelling mistakes in Japanese due to the syllable alphabet structure.) But fortunatly there are plenty of people around to help. They are also writing in the Kanji where appropriate, so I'll be able to start learning that as well. The hardest part will be memorizing the stroke order. (That's right, not only do you have to remember how the characters look, but also what order and direction you draw each line in.)

We have a few new people on the orchard right now. Phina and Nick left the day before yesterday, and have been replaced by a European coupple. The guy is from France, and the woman is English. And I mean proper British English. We also got a guy from Belgium who is now my room mate. As it stands I am the only person here who can speak only English. Its weird being the only person who doesn't have a second language (Or third or fourth).

Well, I'm gonna hand over the computer to the Europeans so that they can check and see if they have a flight home on Saturday or not. This volcanic activity in Greenland is shutting down the planes all over Europe.

~Daniel

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm re-posting this comment without the e-mail address for privacy purposes.

    dave said...

    I am glad to hear you are doing well. Are the photos that are missing from recent or from the beginning of the trip? I hope you find them soon. I will try to post the ones from our trip on photobucket so you can see what I shot when we traveled together.
    DAD
    PS I met Rose West at Oliver's and Lewis is in Korea teaching English.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The photos I'm missing are actually ones that I got off of Aiyana's camera. Not any of my own. So I didn't actually loose any of the ones I took. But she took some good ones that I wanted. Whats weird is, I still have a ton of other photos from her that she gave me of her trip to china. But all the stuff from the orchard is missing. Searching my computer has given me no results yet.

    ReplyDelete