Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Clear at last

Well, Mostly anyway. We finally had a nice view of Fuji while I had my camera on me. I wish Raime were still here though, because I'm sure she could have showed me how to take a better picture of it. (She had the exact same camera, but with a better lens. The main difference though was that she actually knew what all the camera's functions and settings were) Still, It is by no means a bad photo, so enjoy it.

(Click to embiggen)

On this same day I came across a first for me. A Japanese snack food that I didn't like at all. They were made by Fritolay, and looked a lot like Funions. However, this particular snack's main ingredient/flavor was mayonnaise. Yeah..... I wasn't too thrilled with these. Near as I can figure, this package reads "MAYO MANIA".



I would also like to take section of this post as a reminder to myself to always bring my camera with me whenever we go anywhere here in Japan.
Just today we went to what was described to us by Keichi as a "second hand store". Well they do second hand right here in Japan. This wasn't some little thrift shop. This was a 24 hour a day mega store of merchandise that happened to have been owned by somebody else at some point. And I forgot my camera in my room. I have some photo's that I took with my phone. (I had forgotten that it can do nifty stuff like play movies, music, and take picture and video until yesterday when I used it to listen Dr. Tran while I was working alone.) But the quality probably isn't very good, and extracting the photo's from my phone requires removing the battery and sim card. (I don't have the cable with me, so I have to copy them to a card.) There were about a hundred things that I would have loved to take pictures of If I'd had my camera with me. Hopefully I'll get to go back before I leave and be able to spend more then an hour there. (I didn't even get to explore the whole place in the hour I had)

As an added bonus Keichi bought us Crepes. That guy is awesome. I wish we were able to communicate more. But his English is mostly limited to giving directions and information regarding work on the orchard. And my Japanese is about the same at this point. (I have determined that Katatsu means Ladder in Japanese. We use them a lot.)

But yeah, the lesson is, always carry the camera. Because when you do, you get to catch fun stuff like this.
At least those mayo rings were good for some laughs. (Actually everybody else loved 'em. Asian's seem to love Mayo. As I have mentioned before, I do not.)

1 comment: