Thursday, May 6, 2010

Yasumi

Yasumi is Japanese for rest or break for those of you who are curious. We had today off and we spent most of it just relaxing. It was great. I watched an anime movie I'd been wanting to see for a long time. (The Girl who Leapt Through Time. Great movie in my opinion) I had some good communication with Obaa-chan. We went shopping at the mall with Yoko, Mari, and Kokona. (Mari is Kenichi's fiance, and Kokona is their 3 month old daughter) I spent most of my time picking out a pair of chopsticks. I'm going to need to make at least one more trip though, because one of the things I wanted was out of stock in the color I was looking for. Also Apple told me about an awesome water bottle she saw that I want to buy. We had takoyaki for lunch in the food court. (Fried octopus dumplings basically. They are delicious.) Our time at the mall totaled about 2 hours. We came back home and I spent most of the rest of the afternoon uploading pictures and chatting with friends.

It was pointed out to me today that despite all the pictures I've uploaded, there are very few of me. So the pictures I uploaded this afternoon are all ones that other people took that have me in them. You can view it on my facebook HERE so enjoy those for what they are worth. There are a fair share of silly ones, and even a few that some people might call "cute". (You have been warned)

Apple and I also went to the post office to put postcards in the mail and get 20 yen stamps. (Its 70 yen to mail a postcard to anywhere in the world. The usually sell stamps in 50 and 80 yen. We got the 20 yen stamps so we can use up all the 50 stamps we already purchased.)

Anyway, I'm going to finish out the evening by watching some Anime and reading my book. Good night people.

~Daniel

2 comments:

  1. Hi Daniel,

    My name is Maya. I found your blog because my mother is friends with Debora Hammond who's friends with...one of your parents I think? Wow...how small is the world, right? Anyway, I'm from Ukiah, CA and my grandmother lives in Nagaoka, a little town in Shizuoka. In a couple of weeks I'm flying out to Japan to visit my grandma for a short bit and then to go wwoof in Kanto for four weeks. I'm a little nervous because I don't speak any Japanese whatsoever, but am mostly excited.

    I've really enjoyed reading through some of your blog. It sounds like you've had a great trip. How did you end up going to Japan and wwoofing? I just wanted to write you, say I've enjoyed your blog, and see if you have any advice for me. I meant to send you an email, as that's an easier way to communicate than through comments, but I wasn't sure how to find your email on the blog. Mine is mayaka333@hotmail.com in case you have any time to shoot me an email.

    Best,
    Maya

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I saw the live-action version of The Girl Who Leapt Through Time. Trippy 80's effects!

    Glad you're having a great time, Dan. :)

    ReplyDelete