Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Meet. Love. The End.

So I since I have had to be up by 7 every morning since I've been here, my sleep schedule has been pretty well set in. In fact I've actually started getting up earlier then my 7:00 am alarm. Most of the time I wake up and realize that its before my alarm and just go back to sleep. For some reason though, when I do that it gets really hard to wake up at 7:00. So I've recently just been getting up when I wake up naturally at around 5:50 and just kinda sitting around. This morning I realized that there was actually something productive I could be doing with that time. From this point on my mornings are going to be Rosetta Stone time.There is nobody else on this side of the house, so me saying phrases over and over into the microphone won't really bother anybody even at this early hour.

In other news, we had yesterday off and I finally had the chance to go to the second hand store WITH MY CAMERA WORKING. The scope of the place is a bit too much to capture in a few pictures, so instead I will share with you the huge sign over the entrance.
(Click to embiggen)

I love this sign. It has absolutely nothing to do with whats inside, which I suppose works to the point of: "This place is totally random and awesome!" There is other stuff written on the building but its all in Kanji so I can't really make sense of any of it. (Well, I recognized the symbol for "book", but that's it.) So yeah, this place is Like a mega thrift store that deals in Clothes, books, games, movies, cards, electronics, sporting goods, music, instruments, figures, and cell phone dangle thingies. So yeah, this place rocks. I took a long video inside, but its too big to upload to youtube, and photobucket didn't know what to do with it. Oh yeah, I wanted to share this message that appears on the ash tray thing outside of this store, and is the reason for the strange title of this entry.
(Click to embiggen)

Well I need to eat breakfast and get ready for Today's work (More weed whacking).

~Daniel

4 comments:

  1. That's an awesome front entrance sign! Not Japanese whatsoever, but pretty dang cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. JT is Japan Tobacco. I'm never sure about Japanese advertising but I think this promotes the smoking of JT products. I think the "The End" part would dissuade English speakers....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe, you should get one of your students to photoshop that image and swap the person and the cigarette in the last frame. That way the cigarette will be bent over looking at the guy lying on the ground. Now that would be a dissuading image.

    ReplyDelete