Monday, June 7, 2010

A brief segway

I had forgotten that Asians have uniformly straight hair. Apparently the three girls from Hong Kong had thought that I had gone to a salon to get my hair curled. They were also wondering how I had managed to keep it curled for 2 months without ever going back to get it worked on. They didn't believe me when I told them "This is just what my hair looks like normally". So as proof I didn't brush my hair after my shower the following day and showed them. They were rather amazed, which I found funny since for me it's so normal.

At any rate, here are some of those kitten photo's I promised.
(Click the images to embiggen)

As well as a couple other ones I took on our last day off. I got to go back to Heidi's Village, but this time it was warm and sunny so I was able to take a bunch more pictures. No tulips this time though (I guess they're out of season now), they were in the process of planting roses. However I did get to ride this....
Yeah, that's a segway. I got to ride it around the place for 45 minutes, and it was awesome.

Here are some other photo's of the fun that I had.

WEEEEEEEE!
This was probably specifically forbidden by the sign posted at the front. But I cant read Kaji, so i took advantage of my position as a "Gaijin" (foreigner) and went ahead and did it anyway.

This is everybody that went with on this little outing.
Left to right, top to bottom: Leah, June, Sasha, Charlotte, Sara, Nataly, Aki, Daniel (Myself), Nicolas.

The roses were quite nice and smelled great.
In fact, they smelled good enough to eat....

I uploaded a bunch more to my new facebook album. (because facebook only allows 200 photos.) so feel free to go and check those out. And don't be afraid to leave comments. (Here or on facebook) I like reading them.

~Daniel

4 comments:

  1. I totally thought you just misspelled "segue", but you proved me wrong :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. and I hate how it leaves "Ren" off my name. It's the most important part

    ReplyDelete
  3. I concur with Ren's first post. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I do enjoy a bit of word play.

    ReplyDelete