Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Hotel in Nagoya

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Spent part of today in Tokyo. Went to go and see the giant Gundam statue on Odiaba Island in Tokyo Bay. Unfortunately it is apparently no longer there. I was actually really disappointed about this, but the rest of the trip as been so good that over all it’s not a big deal. Go to see Tokyo tower too. Didn’t go all the way up it though. It was so cloudy that we wouldn’t have really been able to see anything, so the fee didn’t seem that worth it. Sadly I couldn’t spend as much time in Tokyo as I would have liked due to the fact that I forgot my bag in the locker at the train station in Kyoto. So we had to get on the train and head back there to pick it up. As it turns out, 8 days is a little too long to leave something in the lockers, so they had moved it to baggage storage. We figured out where it was from a woman at a help desk who actually spoke very good English. The guys at baggage storage however, did not speak any English so filling out the form was a little confusing. Lots of pointing and gesturing was used. But in the end, I got my bag and I don’t think it even cost me anything extra. So after that we got back on the train and we are now in Nagoya. It’s ok, I had never heard of it either. But it’s on the shinkansen line, and it seems like a decent sized city. As Dad and I were walking out to get dinner here in Nagoya, I saw a big green line in the sky. It turned out that it was a really really big laser that was being pointed at the local radio tower. I have no idea where the laser was coming from or why it was being pointed at this tower. But it was really big. Tomorrow starts my stay at the fruit orchard. I’m looking forward to it. I need to find out how long it’s going to take to get there so I can let Kazu know what time to pick us up at the train station. I guess it’s time to find out if the Japanese transit system has an English web page.

(Click to embiggen)


~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment