Thursday, March 25, 2010

Back log 1

Tuesday, march 23 2010.

It’s 2:53 am California time and 6:53pm Tokyo time. The flights to Japan went smoothly. We had a 5 hour layover in Seattle. The flight over was shorter then I remember. Perhaps a different route this time. I suppose leaving from Seattle instead of LA helped with that. It was about a 10 hour flight. Got to see some parts of Alaska on the way over. Took some pictures. We got to see Mt. McKinley/Denali (the name has apparently changed at some point.) From what I understand, it’s kind of rare to be able to see it from where we were. I guess there is usually too much cloud cover, or it’s not clear enough. Getting through customs was a breeze. We got our money exchanged no problem. But I got to watch my dad struggle to inform the woman at the hotel desk in the airport that we already had a reservation, we just needed to know how to get to the hotel. The woman spoke English, but her comprehension wasn’t up to the way my dad was phrasing things. I was rather amused, so rather than help, I let him struggle it out. Kind of mean I know. I knew exactly the question that needed to be asked, and I probably could have even asked it in Japanese. But for some reason watching dad confuse the lady was more fun. Anyway, I’m in the Hilton Narita hotel right now. You have to pay for internet, so I’m going to be uploading this later when I can find some free wifi. I did take the time to call my mom and leave a message via Skype though. She got some kind of international roaming plan for my cell phone. But I don’t think it’s going to do any good since I think Japan uses a different satellite system. I’m gonna try and get either a Japanese sim card or just buy a pre-paid phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment