Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Life Path

The walk to school has become really interesting lately. The rainy season seems to be over, so lots of little critters are coming out of hiding. Yesterday I was up super early (Actually I just didn't get to sleep, but that's a different story) so I decided to take the first train to school and hang out on campus while I waited for class to start. (I forgot I only had second period though, so I wound up waiting for three and a half hours.) But on the way to school I took a lot of time checking out the wildlife, since I wasn't pressed for time like I usually am. The walkway is lined on both sides by a double rail. Between these rails spiders have set up their webs. These webs are interesting to me because they're all somewhat 3 dimensional. Each web has two main layers, with interconnecting strands. Kind of like an Oreo cookie, except the creamy center is replaced by sticky strands of certain insect doom. Also on the walkway I noticed a walking stick. Not the kind we use to aid us in walking, but the little bug things that look like a twig with legs. I didn't know they had them here in Japan, so I was kinda surprised. I'm glad to see them though. I always found them rather fascinating. Also on the walkway I noticed that a couple ant hills had made entrances in the path. Perhaps not the most ideal place for an entrance considering the amount of foot traffic that walkway gets. I wonder if the colonies clear out the entrance every morning, only to have it stepped on by students later on? The critter I saw that I was most pleased with though was a lizard with a long blue tail. Ever since I was a kid, I've always loved reptiles, so I'm really glad I get to see them at school now. I know that there are snakes around, but I have yet to see one. (I should really learn which ones around here have poison though).

Anyway, no pictures today. In an effort to save my back I've not been carrying it at school, so I don't have pictures of any of these guys. Though my camera card is virtually full with other stuff. I just haven't sat down to upload them yet. I'm heading into finals starting next week though, so I don't know if I'll be updating much for a while. (Finals is spread out over the next 3 weeks, so it could be a while) But who knows, I may use updating the blog as a method of taking a study break.

Until whenever next time happens to be, Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment