Sunday, March 25, 2012

On the road again!

Hello Everybody!

So I arrived at Tokyo's Narita airport yesterday. My friend Michele (Who has been studying abroad here in Tokyo since fall semester) was kind enough to meet me there and put me up for the night in the spare room at the temple she's staying at. Interestingly enough, the temple is literally right next door to the hostel I stayed at last time I was in Tokyo. So I'm in a familiar area, even though it's been two years since I was here last. After we dropped off my luggage in the spare room, the two of us hopped on the trains and headed out to Harajuku to go to this awesome tucked away okonomiyaki place (Which I realized I'd passed by and taken a picture of when I was here two years ago).

This place works a little differently then most though. Here you pick what kind of okonomoyaki you want to order off the menu, and they bring you a bowl (Very nicely arranged) of all the ingredients needed, and you cook it yourself on the hotplate embedded in the table, and season it as you like. (There was even a hand drawn little instruction comic detailing the steps to do so) 2821 2809

This is the ingredients bowl for my "Sakura-yaki". It was Delicious!


This is Michele shaping her okonomiyaki on the grill.
The one on the right with the bacon on it is mine.
And if you look in the background, you'll notice there's a tree growing through the room.
Yeah, this was a nifty little place.


Today I'm meeting up with my friend Kevin (Who is also studying abroad here in Japan) and hanging out with him for the day. Tomorrow I'll be in Kyoto.

~Daniel

1 comment:

  1. We're loving your blog! Keep them coming! We're off to Mexico on Friday. But we'll keep wathcing! Unc Jeff and Aunt Kit

    ReplyDelete