Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Brief Kyoto Update

So I've been in Kyoto for two days now and have been to a lot more places then I expected thanks to the generosity of Mary and her Family. Today we visited the Golden Pavilion, that famous zen rock garden (Which for some reason I didn't take a picture of) and some other temple complex.... I apologize for not really having good details. Mary and her family are the ones who have things they want to see and do. I'm just here for the people. Speaking of people, here is a photo of Mary, her parents John and Leah, and myself.

(I don't know what this temple complex was called, but it had some wonderful areas)

While at the golden temple, I had an unexpected but welcome surprise. I ran into Michele (the classmate who let me stay with her in Tokyo) and several other CSU students who were on a school trip in Kyoto. One of whom was another of my classmates, Lauren. I got Mary to take a picture of us to commemorate the occasion.

(Left to right: Lauren, Myself, Michele)

The day was mostly walking around and looking at beautiful architecture and gardens. I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I might, mainly because I'd taken a lot of them 2 years ago when I was here last time. I was able to see some stuff in different light though which was nice for picture taking (Last time I was here it was raining most of the time)

(The moss in this garden was fantastic!)



No comments:

Post a Comment