Friday, March 30, 2012

Na na na NARA!

Mary and her family took me to Nara with them. I've got a ton of pictures, but we've been traveling most of the day so I'm just going to throw up a couple for now and then get to bed.

This is the Daikokuji (I'm pretty sure anyway) It is the largest wooden structure in the world (Even at 2/3 of its original size it's still the largest. It got destroyed and had to be rebuilt) The building houses an enormous Buddha statue.


(The picture came out much lighter then I wanted, but it serves to show the scale.
Just look at the size of the people in the front doors.)


We stayed at a rather rustic Ryokan (Traditional Japanese style inn) while we were in Nara. The building was definitely older, but it was beautiful and had a nice garden in the inner courtyard.

(These beds were super comfy, but a little too soft for my back.)

I have no idea what the plans are for the next couple days, but we are all back in Saga prefecture where Mary lives now. Sounds like we're going to be meeting up with some of Mary's friends and co-workers. Hopefully I'll have some time to sort through this mess of photos and post up some good pictures for all you guys. Until then, take care.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment