Monday, April 2, 2012

The Mary Story

So about a week ago there was a little bit at the end of my blog about me having a girlfriend, and I promised I'd share that story. So here's a little bit about that.

I met Mary when I first started taking classes at SF State a year and a half ago. We had an Asian American studies class together. She had studied Japanese in the past and offered to help me study Kanji. We hung out periodically throughout the school year, and more during the summer, which is when we started dating. She graduated at the end of spring semester with a Major in English Education, and is now here in Japan teaching English as a second language to Japanese students through the JET program. Mary's parents are in Japan right now to visit her and do some sightseeing. That I was able to meet up with them in Kyoto was just a coincidence in overlapping itinerary, but we're all in Saga now, and I'm enjoying every minute of it.

Tomorrow I head to Oita (which is on the east coast of Kyushu), and get checked in to my room at the International house. Two of the tutors that Oita has set up for me will be meeting me at the train station there. Beyond that I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. I'll let you guys know once it happens.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment