Friday, April 20, 2012

A Light Rain

It rained today. I rather like the rain, but I'm still not really used to it being warm when it rains. It makes all the rain gear I like wearing a little less appealing. It was still a nice day though. I think its interesting to watch masses of people walking with umbrellas. Enough to stop in the middle of a crowded walkway and pull out my camera for a picture.


For comparison, here is the same walkway two weeks ago.


A pretty drastic change. There was a brief period of both blossoms and leaves that I really enjoyed. I don't think I stopped to take a picture of it though.

I got fair amount of paperwork taken care of today. Got my course schedule checked by my adviser. Registered online for all my classes. Turned in my paper schedule to...... some office. Paid for my futon rental. Turned my student information form and copies of my passport, alien registration, and proof of travel insurance. (I still need to get on the Japanese National Health Insurance plan though. I also need to get them another picture.)

After all that official stuff I walked to the train station and headed home. The weather was fantastic (in my opinion) and the walk down the path to the station is probably my favorite part of any given school day. I decided to take a moment to record what I was experiencing.

(Click the image to watch the video, or open it in a new page here.)

Tomorrow morning I get up and go on a tour around Oita with a bunch of the other exchange students and our tutors. Aside from the visit to the brewery (the smell of mass fermenting beverages is a pretty quick way to make me sick I've found) I'm looking forward to it. The last stop of the day is going to be all you can eat strawberry picking. I have a feeling I'll be feeling nostalgic for Nakagomi Orchard. At any rate my camera is fully charged, and the card is virtually empty so I'll have plenty of pictures to share of the trip later. Until then, Take care.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment