Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Airport

I woke up this morning at 5:00am so that I could catch a 5:56 bus to Oita Airport. I heard that it takes about an hour to get to the airport, so I figured that would be arriving at the airport at around 7:00. That would give me the necessary 2 hours I'm accustomed to when going to airports. The bus ride was about as expected. I arrived around 7:00 as planned. I walk up to the little ticket machine, scan my reservation sheet, and just keep hitting the button that doesn't have the kanji for "Cancel" on it (There were only two options). My ticket prints out and I go upstairs to security. Put my stuff in the trays (The security attendant actually helped me carry my stuff to the x-ray machine since I had like 3 trays.) and went through. I find my gate (There are only 3 of them. It's a small airport) and sit down and take a look at my ticket. Now I can't read all the kanji, but I'm pretty sure its say that I should allow 10 mintues to get through check in and security for \domestic, and 15 for international. Turns out everybody who arrived with me was on the 7:30 flight. My flight is at 8:55. So I've got some time to kill. It's really weird being in an airport with no people in it though.

At any rate, I've been talking about being in an airport but I haven't yet mentioned where I'm going. I'm flying to Tokyo, and then taking a train from Tokyo to Kofu, which is the big city in Yamanashi Prefecture. I'm going to go spend two weeks on Nakagomi Orchard again. I'm looking forward to being able to see Kazu again. Should be fun. I look forward to seeing what the orchard looks like at this time of year. Hopefully my back will hold out. It hasn't been bothering me much lately. But orchard work is a bit different from what I do on a regular basis. Anyway, should be fun. Next post will have some pictures of Yamanashi.

~Daniel

No comments:

Post a Comment